Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Malay supremacy...



Being a Johanian all my life... the question of its importance was never much a concern to me... then... The government decided that it was best they sent me to UiTM instead of pursuing law in IIUM (come to think of it... I have had y fair share of public statements which make me liable for arrest under ISA... may be this is their way of getting to me... put me in an all bumiputera establishment) That was when i was introduced to the entire concept of “Malay Supremacy” and that how we are superior in terms of our rights... Article 154 became a study of interest for me.


Constitutionally speaking “Malay Supremacy” is not a “Right” it is instead a privilege, meaning it is subject to constitutional changes...


The concept of Malay Supremacy came up as a form of give and take... simply put, the malays will allow the immigrants at that time citizenship, in return they will recognize these special rights in which are given to the Malays. The state of inequality in which these rights promoted was to create a state of equality... a form of positive discrimination...


In which I believe will be and should be slowly taken away... To wait till equality is achieved and only then dissolve this rights is unimaginable... It is a truism in which there will always be approximate equality... there will always be a certain level of poverty...


For The record... Its Bumipuetra Rights... NOT Malay Rights

No comments: