Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Temptations

In life, there is always the temptation to do the things that you’re not supposed to. The flaw of humanity; it is fundamental in your psychological makeup to go against the music, defiance. The question is, should we succumb? Do we live by the rules which govern modern society or do we live by rules of our own?

I personally have little to no regard to societal rules, called me an anarchist if you want, but there are just some things I will not acknowledge. I live by my own set of rules, principles. The question is for how long one can remain as such. Immovable, incorruptible. On a cheesy aspect, the concept is simple, you either die a hero – holding on to what you believe in – or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Up till today, immovable and incorruptible is the way life is lead. Peer pressure becomes nothing more than a concept, a misconstrued belief. I’ve crossed over to the dark side and waltzed my way back.

Rule No. 1: Never apologize, simply acknowledge your mistakes.

Of recent occurrences

Been off to UiTM Shah Alam for the Vice-Chancellor’s Cup debate, can’t say the team did so well, on a more personal level, I came off with a total of 368 speaker points, which places me at 16 from a list of over a hundred debaters, not bad for a first time. But performance definitely did not meet the expected outcome.

Will definitely miss Alex Hakim, Sarah Yasmin, and Syam…

Looking forward to the coming semester; legal studies and debate.

Incorruptible and Immovable…

No comments: