Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Prodigal Son Returneth

It’s been a while since my last post. It has been a month and 15 days to be exact.

So basically this is a quick run thru to what has happened to me for the past month, first week was basically orientation which they referred to as Minggu Mesra Siswa or MMS for short. The normal procedural speeches and a few sessions meant to make a certain group of students more malay than what they are now. Highlights of the week would be me ending up as an EMCEE for the Vice Chancellor’s speech which was executed flawlessly and  suave regardless of the pressure my partner and I was receiving from the program coordinator. I was also to be told that I am over-qualified to be in UiTM Kedah, the Law Coordinator told me that I ought to have received a place in UiTM Shah Alam instead, doing the accelerated programme but no matter, I shall be enjoying being in a programme for Dummies so-to-speak.

Classes began immediately the week after and  my classes are as such, BEL120 (Simple English – I call this English for the Disabled), BEL130 (Communicative English – I call this one English for toddlers), MTC012 (An Introduction to Law – My favorite class by far), MTC016 (Malaysian Government and Politics – Am the personal consultant for the lecturer on this one xD), and CSC134 (Computer Science – which I call An Introduction to Computers for the Technologically UN-savvy).

Am also in the Debate Team… and blown the minds of many… and apparently that single appearance made me an ace in the University’s Vice Chancellor’s Cup line up… that performance also made yours truly the English Language Club’s (ELC) poster boy for public speaking (mind you I’m not in ELC). And Am also known to be the guy who uses huge words, I mean seriously, a totalitarian government is not a huge word, nor is consequentialism or altruism. *sigh*

Coming back for a week on the 15th… hope to be able to catch up with you lot.

And oh yeah, it was my birthday on the sixth… I thank you all for the wishes… interestingly enough, on my birthday, the chair I was sitting on decided to give up on me and lost a leg while I was still on it. Had lunch alone, and had some stay for dinner… Peaceful bliss, what a way to mark me turning legal J

WE ARE WHO WE ARE DUE TO THE LACK OF TRUISM WITHIN OURSELVES, AND THAT IS THE SOLE REASON HUMANITY IS INTERESTING

No comments: